Pages

Thursday 28 October 2010

Reflections on My Video Profile

As a task of my project, I had to produce a video profile. I personally found this task really interesting as it is a great chance to show blog visitors on blog your personality, but also good opportunity to develop skills with writing script and controlling the camera equipment.

I was really pleased with writing the script and finding the perfect locations for the shooting. I also enjoyed working with the equipment. For this project I used digital SLR camera. I also enjoyed the editing process as I already had experience with the program for editing and this was a good opportunity to gain more experience with it. What I enjoyed about the editing process most was the fact that I added a few of images into the video, but there were many aspects that could be improved.

What I enjoyed the most about my final completed video is that I posted in on my blog so everyone can see my completed production on my blog. I would also love to receive the feedback from the public to see what I need to improve.

The positive feedback I received about my video profile was that I used good locations, although next time I should choose less noisy places. For my video profile I used the location of seaside which wasn’t that good idea because the wind and waves were really noisy and became an issue at the completed video. This feedback made me realise that choosing of the location is really important.
I wasn’t happy with many aspects of my video production. Firstly, I had to wait for the equipment as I wanted to shoot outdoors which meant the extension of my deadline. Secondly, the location of my video profile was really noisy, which was really bad aspect of the final version of my video. The last thing was that I used only one location for all of my video profile which made it look really boring.
Next time I will definitely plan the script better so I will make the video on time without any complications- I will borrow the equipment on time. I will also be more careful on locations and keep making many different shoots on different location to make the video more interesting.

I am not completely satisfied with my completed video profile, and that is why I would like to redo it next time possible. I will not repeat the same mistakes again so the video will be much better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment